Saturday, August 6, 2011

Not alone

August 6, 2011
The Life of Jesus; read today:  Jesus responds to Philip; John 14:8-21


ESV: John 14:18. I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you

My life has been a struggle lately.  I have had some bad news, and have tried to have faith to make it through each situation.  Sometimes my faith was not as strong as others.  In those times, I had, and continue to, have to keep my thoughts on a couple of things. One is that I know that I will never be given more than I can handle.  The other is, that through it all, I know that I am not alone, I am not an orphan.  Jesus is going to come back some day to take me home to the Father.  

Knowing those things helps to make it thought the bad times.

Read for next time: Jesus responds to Judas not Iscariot; John 14:22-31

Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list