Sunday, August 7, 2011

Faith or works

August 7, 2011
The Life of Jesus; read today:  Jesus responds to Judas not Iscariot; John 14:22-31

I have seen much discussion in the church over the years of works versus faith.  One says that you can not be a Christian if you do not do the works that Christ would do, and the other says that the only way to be a Christian is to accept Jesus as your savior, good works get you no place.  I wonder what Jesus reaction would be?


BBE: John 14:24. He who has no love for me does not keep my words; and the word which you are hearing is not my word but the Father's who sent me.

I really do not need to think about His reaction, do I?  While faith gets you in the door, if you really are Jesus disciple, you will want to act like Him, and keep the words that He speaks and get from the Father.


Read for next time: They sing a hymn and leave; Matthew 26:30; Mark 14:26; John 14:31