Friday, November 18, 2011

Find no fault


November 18, 2011
The Life of Jesus; read today: Pilate tries to release Jesus; John 19:4-7

BBE: John 19:4. And Pilate went out again and said to them, See, I let him come out to you to make it clear to you that I see no wrong in him.

It is possible to see Jesus as the way to salvation but not act on it.  Here he was with a man that he found no wrong in, yet he lacked the internal moral strength to do anything about it.  He knew the right thing to do and yet he avoided it.  For him it was a one time deal. Jesus was there and he had one chance to save him.

In my life before coming a Christian, I had the Gospel presented to me a number of times.  I said, yes, I see that Jesus was a good man, that He died for me, I just do not think that is for me.  Unlike Jesus and His one chance at being kept from being death, I had many chances to have Jesus as my savior.

It is possible to reject Jesus and then come to Him later. Pilate however did not have that chance. I am sure the Word would have told us about it if he had.  I must realize when I tell others about Jesus that, like me, it is up to them to receive or reject and let them live with their choice.

Read for next time: Pilate questions Jesus again; John 19:8-11