Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Ring Side Seat

November 10, 2010

The life of Jesus. Read Today: Jesus discussed by Jews and Priests; John 11:55-57

John 11:56 (English Standard Version)
56 They were looking for Jesus and saying to one another as they stood in the temple, “What do you think? That he will not come to the feast at all?”

Jesus, in the eyes of the people,  now has a problem, does He go to where they want to kill Him, or does he break the Hebrew law of not going to the Passover Festival in Jerusalem (all males who could get there were supposed to go).  Jesus did not really have a problem with this, he knew that the cross was on the way.

The people were looking for two reasons. They wanted to see the miracles that He did. They also wanted to see the confrontation between Jesus and those in authority.  What ever happened they wanted to have a ring side seat on what was going to take place.

If I start to do what Jesus wants me to do, there will be those who will want a ring side seat as well. I know this as people close to me have called me a phony for what little ministry I do.  Like Jesus, I have to keep a focus on the end of things and not on the present.  Sometimes that is very hard to do.  

Read for next time: Jesus in Bethany; John 12:1

Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list