Monday, September 13, 2010

What do you do?

September 13, 2010

The life of Jesus. Read Today:  Pharisees Warn Jesus About Herod; Luke 13:31-35

Luke 13:31-32 (GOD'S WORD to the Nations)
31 At that time some Pharisees told Jesus, "Get out of here, and go somewhere else! Herod wants to kill you."
32 Jesus said to them, "Tell that fox that I will force demons out of people and heal people today and tomorrow. I will finish my work on the third day.

As a Christian, I am urged to love all men and do good to them.  On the other hand, it looks like Jesus never backed down from a fight. Jesus was warned it was time for Him to move on, that Herod wanted His death.  But Jesus said, tell him I am going to do as I planned and then he can have me.  

When big political events happen that affect me as a Christian, which verses do I follow?  

I think that it is time to pray in those situations.  I am sure that God wants certain things done. In this case He wanted Jesus to go to the cross so we could have eternal life.  Jesus knew what His job was.  In cases where I am not clear on God wants, I may need to just let things go and love on those around me.


Read for next time: In a Pharisee’s House on the Sabbath; Luke 14:1

Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list