Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Chic-Fil-A or McDonald's?

September 14, 2010

The life of Jesus. Read Today:  In a Pharisee’s House on the Sabbath; Luke 14:1

Luke 14:1 (International Standard Version)
1 One Sabbath, Jesus went to the house of a leader of the Pharisees to eat a meal. The guests were watching Jesus closely.

When Jesus ate with sinners, they watched Him closely. When He ate with the religious leaders, they still did.  Jesus was under close watch all the time.

You know something, I am to.  As a Christian, I am under watch all the time.  The religious people of the world will criticize me if I Twitter something too worldly and the worldly people will get upset if I post some religious stuff.  If I go to a restaurant, do I have go to Chic-Fil-A cause it is Christian or is it OK for me to go to McDonald's because I just want a hamburger? So what am I to do?

I will do what Jesus does.  I will be lead by the Spirit of God and try to do what is right.  I  will try not to offend anyone, but know what I choose may well do so.  I cannot please all, only God and myself.  

God wants me to be the best me I can be.

Read for next time: Man With Dropsy Healed; Luke 14:2-6
Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list