Sunday, April 8, 2007

Apr 9, 2007 - What part of the body are you?

Apr 9, 2007

Rom 12:4-5 KJV
(4) For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office:
(5) So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.

We are all so different, we all have skills and experiences that no one else has. What makes you unique? Have you taken stock of what you can do? Is there a need for that skill in your church? If you do not have a skill (I really doubt that), do you think that you will be able to let yourself be used of God how He wants to use you?

I do not I have a ministry to children. But, the minster to children in my church has a need with my abilities in running sound. I am willing to help him with the skills that I have. You know what else though? I was willing from the first week to help out even though it scared me to do it. He had told me there was times I was going to have to come out of the sound booth because they may be short handed. Isn't that sad? All the kids there and not enough parents willing to help. I was not wanting to come out of the sound booth, that was my comfort zone. But I knew I might have to and I told him I could. The second service I worked I had to come down out of the booth and help the minister that day. I quieted kids, picked kids for games, signed kids out to the bathroom and ran back and forth to the sound booth. And I developed a way of working with that man that day. Was I perfect, no. Was I willing, yes. Do I think I could lead worship or preach to theses children, yes. Do I want to, no, it frightens me. I do not know that God will need me to, but I have a willingness to go do what he tells me, to get out of my comfort zone.

I am not telling this to lift me up at all. I am saying that you have a unique ability that no one else has. And if you are willing then you can be used in places you do not think you can.
We are all not in the same office in the church. We all have a job to do, and when we do, we then mold together to be one body. What is your job in the church? Is it time to be doing something else? Are you where you need to be doing what you need to be doing? I pray that all who read these words will be blessed in knowing what they are to do. But I also pray that those who read them will be doing what they are to do.