Friday, April 6, 2007

Apr 6, 2007 - When someone talks...

Apr 6, 2007


Gen 31:11 CEV
(11) Then God's angel called me by name. I answered,


Years ago there was a commercial, general chit-chat going on and then one person says, "well my broker is E. F. Hutton and he says..." and the room gets silent. The premise was that when E. F. Hutton speaks, everyone listens.

Our verse today talks about a time that God's angel talked and Jacob listened. When the angel spoke, Jacob replied. He gave the angel of God his undivided attention.

We could all take an example from Jacob. When someone talks to you, do you give them your undivided attention, or are you watching the TV. Maybe you are playing on your computer or balancing a checkbook, or who knows. When someone is talking to you, you need to give them your undivided attention.

I used to say to my kids when they were growing up, if you cannot listen to me, who you can see, how can you listen to God. The same is true here. If you cannot pay attention to someone talking to you, how can you hear correctly from God.

My $.02 worth anyway.

Scriptures marked as "(CEV)" are taken from the Contemporary English Version © 1995 by American Bible Society. Used by permission.