Thursday, March 8, 2007

Mar 8, 2007 - Me give God a Sacrfice?

Mar 8, 2007

Psalm 50

23 Giving thanks is the sacrifice that honors me, and I will surely save all who obey me."

Scriptures marked as "(GNB)" are taken from the Good News Bible Second Edition 1992 by American Bible Society. Used by permission.

Earlier in this chapter, God makes the point that He does not need what they sacrifice to Him. If He was hungry, he asks, could I not just kill one of the many Cattle I own? This is interesting since He spends so much time in Leviticus detailing how the sacrifices were to be done. Do we have a God with a split personality here?

No we do not! This people never understood what God wanted front them. They were not giving because they loved God; they were giving because they had to. They saw little difference between God and a king who demanded a payment.

So God clearly states here what He wants. You want to truly honor me, I only require one things. I require you thank me. In our world today do we truly give thanks in every day life? Or is it just a couple of words we matter because we have been taught to be courteous to all.

I know as a father that when any one of my children say thank you, from the oldest to the youngest, it brings so much happiness to me because I see that they recognize what I have done la them and appreciate it. I can only begin to wonder how God feels.

So, have you honored God with your heartfelt thanks today? Why not take Some time to do it now?