Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Mar 21, 2007 - God's love or life?

Mar 21, 2007

Psa 63:3-4 KJV

(3) Because thy lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise thee.

(4) Thus will I bless thee while I live: I will lift up my hands in thy name.

Psa 63:3-4 NET

(3) Because experiencing your loyal love is better than life itself,

my lips will praise you.

(4) For this reason I will praise you while I live;

in your name I will lift up my hands.

Scripture quoted by permission. Quotations designated (NET) are from the NET Bible® copyright © 1996-2006 by Biblical Studies Press, L.L.C. www.bible.org . All rights reserved.


David here is making a comparison. If I could choose between the the love of God or my life, which would I choose? Do we have to make this choice? Thankfully no we do not have to. If we had to though, David had made his choice. We would choose the love of God as the better choice. Not only had he made that choice but he had made the decision to praise God to show this. He would praise God with his voice and let every one know the decision.

Was this decision to bless God a one time event that would pass. No. For in verse 4, David says that he will bless God for as long as he lives. He will lift up his hands to God.

David was at a point in life that no matter what happened he was going to praise God. Very often I wonder if I myself will ever get to this point. I am not at the point of Job's wife when she told Job to curse God and die. I do have thoughts from time to time why I have to go through the situations that I am in. I know God does not send the bad, but I wonder why He is stepping aside and letting the devil has his way. Is it a time of learning for me? Is it a correction for something I did wrong? Is it just the devil doing it. No matter what though, like David I should praise God, for his love for us, sending His own son to redeem me, is better than life itself. I will get better at it, it comes with practice and time. It comes with wisdom. It comes.

I pray that you all have the ability to praise God in all situations. Maybe you can provide me with hints on how you got there.