Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Passover


November 22, 2011
The Life of Jesus; read today: Pilate sentences Jesus; John 19:13-15

Darby: John 19:14. (now it was the preparation of the passover; it was about the sixth hour;) and he says to the Jews, Behold your king!

Funny how we can see sometimes what is right in front of us but not see it at all.  The Jewish people should have realized what was happening here.  Here was a person that they could pretty much tell had no sin in His life.  Passover was a time that a lamb was to be taken that was perfect and given up for the sins of the people.  The comparison was there, why did they not see it?

I see the same in me however.  I want the people around me to change, the fix themselves so that I can have a better life and be happy.  Just recently I realized it is not all them, it is me as well.  I need to see the reality that is me and get off of my self-centeredness.  I need to see that Jesus died for me and that because of that I need to be the best me that I can be.

It was so easy though, when i could blame everyone else and not me.

Read for next time: Pilate delivers Jesus to be crucified; John 19:16