Thursday, November 29, 2007

Shadows

November 29, 2007

John 5:39 Complete Apostles' Bible
(39) You search the Scriptures, because you think that in them you have eternal life; and these are they which testify about Me.

Almost every item in the Old Testament is one of two things. It is the history of the Hebrew people, or it is an pre-shadow of things to come when Jesus gets here. In some cases it is both of them at the same time.

When the Passover lamb was killed that had no blemish, it talked of Jesus who also had no blemish. When it's blood was put on the sides and the top of the doorway, some of the blood would drip down from the top. You know what would happen if you drew those lineshorizontally and vertically, you would have a cross.

It takes time to read God's word. I encourage you to read it each day and look for those things that point to God and to Jesus. The first of the year I will be reading through the Bible in historical order and I invite you to read with me. The devotional each day will come from a few of the verses from what we read. I am preparing some tools to help you now, and I hope that you will join with me in thechallenge to read through the Bible.