Friday, January 8, 2010

Wished we all been ready

Jan 8, 2010

The life of Jesus. Read Today: People afraid to speak publicly of Jesus; John 7:11-13

John 7:11-13 BBE
(11) At the feast the Jews were looking for him and saying, Where is he?
(12) And there was much discussion about him among the mass of the people. Some said, He is a good man; but others said, No, he is giving people false ideas.
(13) But no man said anything about him openly for fear of the Jews.

We often wonder why the first thing any angel does when the first see a human is to say 'Fear Not'. These people, who lived with and knew Jesus were afraid to talk about Him.

As I am writing this I had a song playing on my computer. The late Larry Norman's song, 'I Wished We All Been Ready".

I Wish We'd All Been Ready

Life was filled with guns and war,
And everyone got trampled on the floor,
I wish we'd all been ready
Children died, the days grew cold,
A piece of bread could buy a bag of gold,
I wish we'd all been ready,
There's no time to change your mind,
The Son has come and you've been left behind.

A man and wife asleep in bed,
She hears a noise and turns her head, he's gone,
I wish we'd all be ready,
Two men walking up a hill,
One disappears and one's left standing still,
I wish we'd all been ready,
There's no time to change your mind,
The Son has come and you've been left behind.

Life was filled with guns and war,
And everyone got trampled on the floor,
I wish we'd all been ready,
Children died, the days grew cold,
A piece of bread could buy a bag of gold,
I wish we'd all been ready,
There's no time to change your mind,
How could you have been so blind,
The Father spoke, the demons dined,
The Son has come and you've been left behind.

There is no time to be afraid, there is a world that will be lost if we do not help them get ready.

Read for next time: Jesus in the temple mid-feast; John 7:14-15
Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list