Monday, January 11, 2010

Who gets the glory

Jan 10, 2009

The life of Jesus. Read Today: Jesus says some seek to kill him; John 7:16-19

16 So Jesus answered them, "My teaching is not mine, but his who sent me.

17 If anyone's will is to do God's will, he will know whether the teaching is from God or whether I am speaking on my own authority.

18 The one who speaks on his own authority seeks his own glory; but the one who seeks the glory of him who sent him is true, and in him there is no falsehood.

19 Has not Moses given you the law? Yet none of you keeps the law. Why do you seek to kill me?"

When youi preach or try to tell others about Jesus, why do you do it? I remember in many churches I attended in the past there was either a sign on the wall or a note in the bulletin telling how many had been saved. Who gets the glory in that situation. It is like the notches on the gun of an old west gunslinger, one to show how good he was.

I am not agianst keeping records of salvations. There needs to be follow ups and a way to see if the investment is bearing fruit. Those are all very legitiment.

When what you do takes the glory from God and puts it on you, then their is a problem. I say that because Jesus says there is falsehood in him. His words, not mine.


Read for next time: Defense for healing on Sabbath; John 7:20-24
Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list