Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Lion does not sleep tonight

June 10, 2008

I am a volunteer at my church. I am in the Children's ministry running sound. (yes my church is so big it needs a sound person for the Children's church). But I not only run sound, I work with small groups, I lead children to Jesus, I help the teachers with their resources, I check children in, I ... well you get the idea. Why do I wear so many hats in this one location? Well the same problem exist in the the church (and the world) that was in Solomon's day.

Proverbs 22:13 MKJV
(13) The lazy one says, There is a lion outside; I shall be killed in the streets.

People make excuses. What were the chances of a lion being out in the streets? Very small. But it is an excuse for not doing something. You can choose to help out in some form in your Church or you can make an excuse. I am not saying there is not a time that you need to step back and get a refresh and not volunteer, but that should be the exception not the rule.

And that goes for life as well. For example, I could have stopped trying to learn about my chosen profession of computers years ago. I would have wound up with a skill set that was way below what it needed to be. My excuses would not matter if I did not have enough money to feed my family.

Always be learning, always be working.

Today
Proverbs 22:1-24:34

Tomorrow
1 Kings 5:1-6:38, 2 Chronicles 2:1-3:17

Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list