Friday, June 6, 2008

Correction

June 6, 2008

Proverbs 10:8 NET
(8) The wise person accepts instructions,
but the one who speaks foolishness will come to ruin.

Verses like these bothered me for years. If a wise person is s wise, why does he have to listen to anyone else. As I grew older and lived many experiences, I learned why. I can make mistakes. I may want to help someone else not make the same ones. If they are wise, they will listen. It may be something that they did not experience yet. But a foolish person will say stuff about what I say, putting it or me (or both) down in the process.

Are you a wise man or a fool? Do you listen when people talk or are you preparing an answer so that you can look foolish?


Read through the Bible in one year in Historical order
Today

Proverbs 10 - 12
Tomorrow

Proverbs 10:1-12:28

Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list