Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Taste

April 15, 2008


Psalms 34:8 KJV
(8) O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.


I started looking at this verse recently, to break down the parts from the Hebrew words. Taste is interesting. It really means, according to Strongs concordance, to perceive. I guess if you put something in your mouth you will perceive what it is made of. Perhaps it was translated that way because they wanted to know how much you will perceive, that you will become one with it and it nourishes you.

Blessed is really 'how happy.' We as Christians should get a deep taste of God and then be happy with that knowledge.

The one that caught my eye though was the man. The Hebrew word is: geber. It means, according to Strongs: properly a valiant man or warrior; generally a person simply.

While we could use the general term of a man, look at what the word means in particular. A warrior. Each day we go out to face the enemy. I know each day that I myself have to fight self-doubt that Satan tries to put on to me. I must fight a war with him, be a warrior. I am sure that each of you has something that Satan tried to come and attack you on. Good news, we are warriors, but we can be happy if we trust, or confide as it means, in God. When we as fighters that we are confide in God all of our weaknesses, our problems, our life, he can bless us.

Taste and see the Lord is Good.


Read through the Bible in one year in Historical order
Today
Psalms 7:1-17, Psalms 27:1-14, Psalms 31:1-24, Psalms 34:1-22, Psalms 52:1-9
Tomorrow
Psalms 56:1-13, Psalms 120:1-7, Psalms 140:1-13, Psalms 141:1-10, Psalms 142:1-7
http://tinyurl.com/24beby for a daily reading tool