Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Enemies Retreat

April 16, 2008

Psalms 56:9 CEV
(9) When I pray, LORD God, my enemies will retreat, because I know for certain that you are with me.


Are you certain that God is with you? If you are then enemies will have to retreat. Both spiritual and physical. They may not realize it but they will have to.

A few months ago we had some problems with some neighbors. They seemed to think that we were some of the less desirable people in the neighborhood. I refused to get into a confrontation with them and taught my children that the Bible teaches us to pray for them. Then I trusted in the Lord. Last week the lease on their rental home was up and they could not renew it. Now they have had to move.

Now many would say that is coincidence. I guess I could to. But the one retreating from my neighborhood is not me, and that says something about the power of God to me.


Read through the Bible in one year in Historical order
Today
Psalms 56:1-13, Psalms 120:1-7, Psalms 140:1-13, Psalms 141:1-10, Psalms 142:1-7
Tomorrow
1 Samuel 25:1-27:12
http://tinyurl.com/24beby for a daily reading tool