Friday, April 18, 2008

Better than life

April 18, 2008

Have you ever been so deeply in prayer that you felt God's love surround you and immerse you in to a feeling of love so strong you could faint. It is a unique thing when it happens. I have felt it twice that I know of. David experienced it also and his words are so much better than mine.

Psalms 63:3-4 NET
(3) Because experiencing your loyal love is better than life itself,
my lips will praise you.
(4) For this reason I will praise you while I live;
in your name I will lift up my hands.

It is a feeling that I would like to experience again. I do not need to live there, just visit it from time to time. Life can get you down with worry about bills and family, sickness and work. But that love of God is there and it is true. If I never experience it again, I do know one thing. Because I have experienced it I will keep on praising God. The love He gives me is better than any thing that this life can give me.


Read through the Bible in one year in Historical order
Today
Psalms 17:1-15, Psalms 35:1-28, Psalms 54:1-7, Psalms 63:1-11
Tomorrow
1 Samuel 28:1-31:13, Psalms 18:1-50
http://tinyurl.com/24beby for a daily reading tool