Saturday, February 24, 2007

Feb. 24, 2007 - How Short A Life

Feb 24, 2007

Psalms 39
4 "Please, LORD, show me my future. Will I soon be
gone?
5 You made my life short, so brief that the time means
nothing to you. "Human life is but a breath,
6 and it disappears
like a shadow. Our struggles are senseless; we store up more and more, without
ever knowing who will get it all.
7 "What am I waiting for? I
depend on you, Lord!
Contemporary English Version


David writes that our time on this earth is known by God. He knows just how much time we have. We do not know. When my son made a decision to stay in Indonesia I prayed that he was making the right decision. After all, the news from there is scary. Tsunamis, ferries that catch on fire, Muslim fanatics, all can be something that puts worry in a dad for his son and family. God gently nudged me and said, you know he could come home and be hit by a car. My son is doings God's work and when his done, God well bring him home.

Even though God knows how much time we have left, to Him it just as long as a breath is to us. Since we have a beginning it is a hard concept to understand a God who has always existed. Even though a life is so short, He knows each of us personally.

So since life is so preciously short, what do we do with it? We spend Most of our time trying to got her stuff! Stuff that we cannot take with as when our lives come to an end. Stuff that someone else will get. Do not get me wrong. I like stuff also. When getting that stuff gets in the way of relationships I need to draw a deep line in the sand. And that includes our relationships with people as well as God. Remember, many of the people we relationships with now, we will spend eternity with. What will think of ourselves then?