Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Feb. 21, 2007

Feb 21, 2007

Psa 32:9 NET
(9) Do not be like an unintelligent horse or mule,
which will not obey you
unless they are controlled by a bridle and bit.

NET Bible is available at http://www.bible.org
First off, if you have not found the NET Bible on the internet, go to http://www.bible.org . It is an excellent translation, complete with notes as to why it is translated the way that it was. In the printer version I have, one page has more notes on the translation than it does verses.

God does not want us to be like an animal that has to be forced into doing things against our will. As a new Christian it sometimes becomes necessary to be trained in the right things to do. God however will never force His will on you. He does not want to yank you with a reign and move you in the direction should go. In doing that you are acting like an unitelligent animal.

God has always given us free will. We can turn away from Him anytime we want to. We can persue the world's way of doing things and He will just step aside and let us do it. I know, for I did it. You know what, God paiently waited for me to turn around and meet Him again. I do not recomend it as a way of doing things. It has taken me years to get back to a point that I can easily trust myself that I am hearing Him and knowing what His will is. If I had just followed along on my walk with Him I would have been so much further on with my life.

Has God had to wait for you? If He had used a bridle and bit on you do you think you would have followed along or resisted? What would it take for you to be broekn to do what He needs you to do? Would it really be you doing what He wanted you to do or would it be Him forcing you. God is a gentleman you know.