Monday, January 2, 2012

They took Him away


January 2, 2012
The Life of Jesus; read today:  Pilate delivers Jesus to be crucified; John 19:16

Godbey: John 19:16. Therefore he then delivered Him to them that He should be crucified. Then they took Jesus and led Him away.

They took Jesus, He was lead away.  I know the Bible does not lie, but is there a fib here?  Could Jesus ever been taken away.  That would mean there was some resistance, but we all know that Jesus gave His life willingly.  

He was a man just like I was.  I know that the humanity in Him cried out to live. The flesh I am sure wanted to continue.  But He gave it all for me.  I sometimes want my own earthly desires to be met, the humanity of my self crying out to get what I want.  

In the end I must learn to be like Jesus, to let myself be taken to places I do not want to go so that the needs of those I love can be met.

Read for next time: Jesus carries the cross; John 19:17