Friday, April 3, 2009

Out of mind

March 11, 2009

The life of Jesus. Read Today: Jesus heals a demon-possessed man; Matthew 12:22-23; Mark 3:20-22

Mark 3:21 GodsWord
21 When his family heard about it, they went to get him. They said, "He's out of his mind!"

When I first became a Christian, God uprooted me and moved me to Tulsa, Oklahoma. I had little contact with anyone outside my brother's and mother. One time when I got to go back to Massachusetts I got to visit with them as well as my grandmother from my dads side of the family. For some reason, my faith became a topic. My brothers and my mom had thought I had lost it. I was a devote Catholic growing up and they could not understand why I had 'left the faith'. Grandma, staunch Irish Catholic that she was seemed to be proud that I had found God in my own way.

Some family will always make fun of you for what you do when you accept Jesus. Do not worry about them. Find the ones that will accept you for what you are.


Read for tomorrow: Pharisees rebuked; Matthew 12:24-37; Mark 3:22-30