Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Burden

I realize that I have been absent for a while from these devotionals. I have been fighting a severe depression with along with working 3 jobs has just zapped any desire I have had to do much of anything. I will pick back up where I left off and try to do 2 or 3 a day to get back current. Please keep me in your prayers, thanks.

March 8, 2009

The life of Jesus. Read Today: Jesus Rebukes 3 cities; Matthew 11:20-30;

Matthew 11:29-30 Common
29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

Jesus tells us quite clearly that the burdens that we feel on our selves from day to day are not what we should be focusing on. Though the loom large to us, the real thing to be concerned about is the burden of the Gospel. This includes telling others and praying with and ministering to others in need.

I know personally that it is very easy to get wrapped up in yourself. Your problems can seem to be so large. Jesus wants to take that burden for you. You should not ignore it, not paying a bill can cause problems in real life. On the other hand, turn to Jesus in prayer and let Him help you with that burden and give you guidance in how to solve it.


Read for tomorrow:Jesus dines with Simon the Pharisee; Luke 7:36-50