Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Faith Yelling

August 11, 2009

August 7, 2009

The life of Jesus. Read Today: Demon is cast out of boy; Matthew 17:14-18; Mark 9:14-27; Luke 9:37-43

Mark 9:19 BBE
19 And he said to them in answer, O generation without faith, how long will I have to be with you? how long will I put up with you? let him come to me.

Jesus seems to be really angry here. He is chewing out a man for wanting his son to be healed. If that is the case, then why should I ask for healing for my children or even for me. But that is not what is really happening here. The disciples could not get the child healed and Jesus is upset that they are expecting Him to be there forever and do this. By this time, Jesus knows the path that is set before Him. He know that He will die and that they will have to carry on where He left off. He wants them to learn.

As a younger Christian, I saw many great miracles happen in my life. Bills met, bodies healed, they were all common. But as I get older in the faith, these miracles do not seem to take place as often. God expects me to use my faith to get them, along with the faith of others. What was granted when I was younger I have to work for now. Just like I could ask my parents for some money when I was a kid and do little or no work, now, as an adult I have to work for every once of it.

Jesus was not yelling at the dad, He was yelling at the lack of faith. Do you need a little yelling in your life to get your faith going again.

Read for next time: Disciples ask about the miracle; Matthew 17:19-21; Mark 9:28-29

Visit http://dailydevotionbob.blogspot.com/ for more tools and sign up for mailing list