Monday, April 16, 2012

A loud voice


April 14, 2012

The Life of Jesus; read today: Jesus cries out; Matthew 27:50; Mark 15:37; Luke 23:46

BBE: Matthew 27:50. And Jesus gave another loud cry, and gave up his spirit.

I will admit that what I am typing today is not original, I heard it in a sermon yesterday and the church I attend.

Stop and think about things for a few minute and you can see something unique in this verse.  Jesus cried out in a loud voice.  A man who was about to die would not cry out with a loud voice, he would barely talk at all.

Jesus was in full control of the time that He was about to die.  It is said that this was the time of the Passover lamb sacrifice and the timing, if accurate, was important, but more important was the fact that Jesus was in control. Too often I have read this and thought that Jesus died at a point when His body could take no more. Further fact that Jesus chose to die for me.

Read for next time: "Into Thy hands I commit my spirit."; Luke 23:46